1) Increase Core Temperature.
2) Teamwork and communication.
3) Agility and Quickness.
* Age: 10-Adult* No Players: 9+
* Difficulty: Easy
* Area/Time: 20x20yrds (5-10mins)
20x20yrd grid. 3 or 4 groups are set up, each forming a dragon. Each dragon groups are made up of approximately 3-4 players. The
players hold on to each other throughout the drill (i.e. shirts or shoulders of the player in front.
Each dragon attempts to tag the tail player of another dragon (i.e. the last player in the chain). If the tail player is tagged then that
dragon is eliminated. If the chain of players is broken at any point that dragon is eliminated.
In the diagram above (teams of 4), A, B, C, D chase each other.
Last dragon remaining is the winning team.
KEY COACHING POINTS:
1) Quickness and Agility.
2) Teamwork and communication. The dragon parts (players) have to work together to protect the tail and also advance in the
correct direction to attack other dragons.
3) Emphasize good team work and support.
1) Add more players to a dragon.
2) Take Players out of the dragon.